My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I was Born in Melbourne, Australia. I Graduated at R.M.I.T. University then left for Japan in 1993. Returned to Australia just after the Hanshin Earthquake, 1995. Worked in Australia for a year then moved back to Osaka in 1996. I worked for a variety of schools, such as The Osaka YMCA International College, IBU (International Buddhist University) and Kwansei Gakuin University (Kangaku). I have completed a Master of Education (TESOL) program at USQ, Bachelor of Teaching (R.M.I.T) and Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (C.B.D College). I have been working in Melbourne since 2014. I am now working at a very new and very dynamic school called Explore English in Collins Street. Contact me at: mondosworld@gmail.com

Monday, February 20, 2006

The Seed
“Ah…I’m worn to the bone today…. He makes me talk too much! My chin hurts a lot…”
Ami Yasumatsu
He is a puppet, called Rick. He used to be an ordinary puppet, but one day when he woke up, he found that he was able to move. However, he doesn’t show that he can move in front of humans, because he looks like a puppet! He is used for a famous show by an old ventriloquist named Josh who is always in a bad mood and treats Rick very badly! Rick was fed up with being a puppet. It was his sincere dream to be human. However, there was no way to be a boy…he was at a loss.
One day, he was thinking about some ways to be human. “…there is, I believe, a witch who is able to do anything…, but how can I find her?!” Suddenly, an idea flashed into his mind! “Oh! I’ve got a good idea!!” Rick wrote a letter, then added the ventriloquist’s address on it, and bound it to a red balloon with a tiny carnation seed in it, just for a present for the witch. He let the balloon go and it flew up to the sky.
Two months later, an old lady named Mary found the red balloon caught on a tree in her backyard, and she read the letter. In it was written,
Hello, thank you for finding this balloon. I hope that you are the witch! Would you be able to change me into a human? I’m fed up with being a puppet please!!! 29 Elizabeth Street, Rick.
There was a seed in the envelope. “Wow…, what a cute letter…, but you must already be a human! Otherwise you could not have written this letter!!”, she said with a warm smile, and she didn’t really believe that the boy was a puppet.
She was not a witch, just an ordinary old woman. Mary was nearly 93 years old. Her husband had died in a car accident, and she had moved deep into the mountains to stay away from the city. They didn’t have any children. She was glad to receive the letter, because she hasn’t received a letter for a long time. She planted the seed, but she has never replied to Rick. However, Rick continued to believe that he’d get a reply. He waited day after day. He went outside to check the mailbox, but there was no letter as usual. “Again…” he sighed. He was gradually losing faith…
-Two years passed-
In Mary’s garden, there was a flower that bloomed beautifully. She has been cherishing the flower for two years. As she got older, she started to worry that if she died, no one would take care of the flower. So she decided to write a letter to that boy, named Rick. Rick was checking the mailbox hopelessly, when he found a letter. He opened it quickly and read.
Dear Rick,
Plant the seeds and cherish them. If you genuinely make a wish, you’ll get your wish some day Best wishes.124 Leonard Street, Mary “Wow! At last, I got a letter!!!” He was shaking with joy. Rick planted the seeds immediately, and he watered and cherished them day after day...
-A few months passed-
When Rick woke up, he felt something was wrong with his body, and he looked into a mirror. “Wow… I can’t believe it! It has happened!!” He was not a puppet anymore. He went outside and saw beautiful flowers. “I’m completely free!!” Rick decided to visit Mary to say thank you. He ran away from Josh’s house at midnight and headed for Mary’s place.
The house was quiet, nice and old. Rick knocked on the door, but there was no answer. He went into the house and he saw a paper on the table and read it.
Dear Rick,
Welcome to my house. I was waiting for you, Rick. I’m not here, because I have moved to heaven. I hope that your dream has come true. I have a wish, I want you to live here and take care of the flowers, instead of me Mary
Rick realized that Mary had already died. He went into the backyard with a feeling of sadness…, and he saw a large number of carnations which came out from the seed that he sent with the letter! He suddenly understood how Mary had loved carnations.
“Well, I haven’t decided yet where to go, in addition, I don’t have a house where I can live…, I could become a human by the grace of Mary!!!” He thought. He decided to live in the house and cherish those flowers forever, as Mary cherished them. He still believes that Mary is a witch. You might wonder why Rick could become a human, even though Mary was not a witch. Nobody knows why it had happened. It might be a miracle…
-The end-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home