My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I was Born in Melbourne, Australia. I Graduated at R.M.I.T. University then left for Japan in 1993. Returned to Australia just after the Hanshin Earthquake, 1995. Worked in Australia for a year then moved back to Osaka in 1996. I worked for a variety of schools, such as The Osaka YMCA International College, IBU (International Buddhist University) and Kwansei Gakuin University (Kangaku). I have completed a Master of Education (TESOL) program at USQ, Bachelor of Teaching (R.M.I.T) and Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (C.B.D College). I have been working in Melbourne since 2014. I am now working at a very new and very dynamic school called Explore English in Collins Street. Contact me at: mondosworld@gmail.com

Monday, February 20, 2006

“FRIENDSHIP” by Reiko Hamaguchi
Background
When I woke up, there was no sound and I was in complete darkness. So, I fell back to sleep again into a relaxed posture. Then, the sun shone on me brightly and I heard a voice talking to me. “good morning.” It was my friend ‘Erie’. She is a student at the YMCA here and we study English together. Everyday, we talk a lot. So, we know each other very well. I am very happy with that.
Complication
One day, I noticed that Erie was my only friend at the YMCA, so I decided to make more friends. I started being friendly to many people. However, all of them ignored me. I’m not sure why. I tried to speak to them again, but the outcome was the same. I tried again and again…
Rising Tension
While I was trying, I was starting to dislike Erie. She had many friends, but I didn’t. I started to ignore her. I liked her, but didn’t talk to her anymore, because I was envious of her. Suddenly she didn’t come to school at all. Day after day, I didn’t see her. One day I heard someone talking. “Erie was killed in a traffic accident!” to hear that, I was so shocked that I couldn’t stand straight. I regret what I had cone to her.
Climax
That night, I dreamt of my hometown. In the dream, my mother and I were playing. Suddenly a car crashed into my mother. She was fatally killed trying to protect me. I felt as if I lost everything. However, there was a tree that my mother left. She’d given her live to the tree as a child. When I saw it, it reminded me of my dead mother. I wished that I were the tree. I wished every single day. After I grew up, an unbelievable thing happened. I could become a part of the tree!! A God came to see me at night and asked if I wanted to become the tree. I answered, “YEN”.
Resolution
When I woke up, I was the tree and I was in school. However, I didn’t notice that I was the tree. After the death of Erie, I remembered that I was the tree. That’s why everybody ignored me except for Erie. She was so pure that she could talk to trees. Although it was unwise of me, I remembered everything, such as my mother’s death and that I was the tree, because of her death. I was bowed down by grief because I list two precious people. I didn’t do anything. I only wished to sloop forever. I pretended to sleep.
Ending
However, an unbelievable thing happened again. One morning I got up, there was a sweet smell and a singing voice. When I opened my eyes, I saw a flower and a butterfly. To my surprise, they were my precious people!! My mother was blooming beautifully and my friend, Erie, was flying around us..
I thanked god deeply.
The End

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home