My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I was Born in Melbourne, Australia. I Graduated at R.M.I.T. University then left for Japan in 1993. Returned to Australia just after the Hanshin Earthquake, 1995. Worked in Australia for a year then moved back to Osaka in 1996. I worked for a variety of schools, such as The Osaka YMCA International College, IBU (International Buddhist University) and Kwansei Gakuin University (Kangaku). I have completed a Master of Education (TESOL) program at USQ, Bachelor of Teaching (R.M.I.T) and Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (C.B.D College). I have been working in Melbourne since 2014. I am now working at a very new and very dynamic school called Explore English in Collins Street. Contact me at: mondosworld@gmail.com

Monday, February 20, 2006

"Taku" by Ayumi Fujita
There was a boy who liked riding his bicycle and reading magazines about cycling. His name was Taku. He was 8 years old. He lived in the countryside in Aomori and he always dreamed of traveling to another place which had a beautiful sea. One day, he saw a book about Okinawa. There were some pictures in it, and he was really fascinated. That night he had a dream. He was by the sea in Okinawa, and there was his bicycle was beside him. He came to Okinawa on his own bicycle! Just as he was about to go into the sea, he woke up. He was very disappointed when he realized that it was a dream. He couldn’t forget about that dream, and he decided to go to Okinawa by bicycle!
The next day he packed up and left home on his bicycle. He didn’t tell his plan to anyone including his parents, because he knew that if he told them, they would not let him go. He left his home at 5:00 a.m. before his parents got up. Then he started towards Okinawa. After several hours riding, he was hungry , and he decided to stop to eat his lunch. He ate a rice ball that he made himself and he took a rest for a while. Then he started his journey again.
He kept on his journey with no anxiety, and gradually it got darker and darker. Farther he went on his journey in the darkness, he began to feel tired and afraid. He started thinking that he wanted to go back home, but he didn’t know which way he had come from. That is to say, he lost his way. He didn’t know what he should do and was almost crying. At that very moment, he heard a voice. “Hey, boy!” He looked back and saw that an old man was talking to him. “What are you doing there in the dark?” The old man asked. “I lost my way… I want to go back to my house, but I don’t know which way is right to go home.” He answered with tears in his eyes. “Where are you from? Did you come alone?” The old man asked. “I’m from Aomori and I was supposed to go to Okinawa by my bicycle. But now I don’t know where here is, and I’m tired and really miss my parents
…” He replied. He couldn’t keep back tears anymore. The old man said to him kindly. “I live alone near here and there is a phone in my house. You can call your parents from my house. This is Iwate, and not too far from your house. So they’ll be able to come and pick you up. You might be hungry after your long journey.
You can eat dinner while you wait for them.” He agreed with the old man and went to his house.
He called his parents and told them about his journey and where he was. They were really worrying about him and when they heard his voice on the telephone, they were relieved.
While he waited for his parents, an old man served him supper. As he was really hungry, the meal made him so happy and he really appreciated the old man. Taku talked about his journey over dinner and the old man happily listened to his story. He’d been living alone for a long time, he was happy listening to Taku’s story. About 3 hours later, Taku’s parents came to the old man’s house to pick him up. They really thanked the old man and asked a reward for his kindness. The old man refused the offer at first, but they said that they really wanted to pay him something, so he said to Taku, “Well…then, I want you to write a letter to me once a month. I live here alone, so I’d be so happy if you could send me a letter. It’ll be a great present for me.” Taku smiled and said, “Why not!? I promise to write you!” His parents smiled too.
From then on, Taku wrote a letter at least once a month. Now he is 18 years old, and he still write letters to that old man. Their good relationship last forever.
The End

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home