My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I was Born in Melbourne, Australia. I Graduated at R.M.I.T. University then left for Japan in 1993. Returned to Australia just after the Hanshin Earthquake, 1995. Worked in Australia for a year then moved back to Osaka in 1996. I worked for a variety of schools, such as The Osaka YMCA International College, IBU (International Buddhist University) and Kwansei Gakuin University (Kangaku). I have completed a Master of Education (TESOL) program at USQ, Bachelor of Teaching (R.M.I.T) and Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (C.B.D College). I have been working in Melbourne since 2014. I am now working at a very new and very dynamic school called Explore English in Collins Street. Contact me at: mondosworld@gmail.com

Monday, February 20, 2006

Circle of friends By Shinichi Muraoka

“Hi, Shelly.” I said. “Hi, Rink. How are you doing? ” She said as smiled. I walked around on the first floor. Suddenly I stumbled on something. It was an extremely old book. I haven’t seen it before. I took it. There was no title.
“Do you know this book?” I asked Shelly, “I have no idea Rink.” She replied. “Is it ok if I lend it for a few days.” I asked. “Sure” She said.

When I arrived home and sat down on the sofa I started reading it. I found someone’s name. Jeford. “Jeford? Is this the author?” I have never heard his name. Anyway, I continued to read it. All right.” I said to myself. I couldn’t stop until I had finished all of the chapters. Suddenly, I felt very sleepy. I slept deeply. I had a dream. It was a strange dream. I was standing in a field. I was shocked, because I was sure that I’ve been there before, but I really don’t remember. I saw something.

“What’s that?” Something was coming toward me. “Now I am able to see clearly. A child?” I said to myself. He stopped and saw me for a while without a word. “Hi there” I said, but I couldn’t get a reply from him. “Hello? Where are you come from?” I continued. There was a cold silence. A few minutes later he opened his mouth and said something. “Only you can save her.” He whispered and then he ran away. “What? What the heck are you taking about? Hey, wait. wait!!!” I shouted but it was too late. “Who was he? What did he say? I didn’t catch it.” I said to myself. I saw his back. “Ok, I will chase him.” A few minutes later I found a small town. It was very similar to my own. It was an extremely quiet place. No sound, no people and no light. I found him. “Hey boy, who are you?” I asked, but he didn’t answer me. “You look pale, what’s wrong with you?” I asked again. “There was a library, but it was completely destroyed. ” He said in a weak voice. “Oh... I’m sorry to hear that. ” I felt sorry for him. “You know, it was torn down on October 30,1942. Today is October 30, 1943 which means it was last year, as you know this day is your birthday.” He continued. “Yes, yes, yes that’s interesting, but how did you know that? I haven’t told you about myself. How did you know about me?” I was a little upset with him, even though he was a child. “I know you and your best friend who is working at the library.” He continued. “I said that there was a library which was completely destroyed. There was a woman inside when it something big happened. It was a bad fire. She didn’t escape from it. No, she couldn’t.” His eyes had tears. “Why was there a fire?” I added. “Because, someone loved her very much, but she didn’t love him. She refused his proposal, so he changed his mind and he became a murderer. He had planed to kill her and then he did it. If I had known before what was going to happen, I could have stopped it and saved her. Shame on me. ” He angered himself. “Oh, I am sorry, sorry to hear that. I… I don’t really know what to say.” I whispered. “She died in a fire. Her name is…Shelly” He added. “What? What are you talking about?” I was surprised. “Yes, you know who she is, right? It’s time. Only you can save her life. Well, you can go back and save her. I trust you.” He said. Suddenly, his voice was very far from me and I heard pretty bird singing.

It was already morning. I slept the whole night. I turned on the TV and saw the current news. It was October 30, 2005, which means it was my 64th birthday. I was so happy, because I was still alive without disease. I was starting to forget my unbelievable dream. As I was heading for the library I hit someone. He seemed very angry. I arrived at the library. Shelly was usually standing at the front desk, but she wasn’t there. I called her name. “Shelly, where are you?” But there was no answer. A few minutes later, I heard a woman’s scream. I shouted many times I ran to where the woman’s scream came from. I saw Shelly and …the man who bumped into me before. “What the hell are you doing here?” I shouted. “You know, I wanted to marry her. I tried many times when you were not here, but she always refused my proposal, because she loves you. This is not enough for me, I am very angry with her. I loved her, but now I hate her, so I am going to kill her, but it is not interesting just to kill her. So, I arranged a great thing. What day is it today, my Shelly?” He asked Shelly. “Today? Today is…eh…Today is his birthday, Rink’s birthday. ” She shouted. “Yes, exactly, Rink, I know about you. I investigated you after Shelly refused my proposal.

I hate you, but I am a good man. I prepared your present today.” He said with a very cold voice. “Just leave her alone!!” I shouted again. “All right, Rink. I’ll obey you.” He left quickly. “Are you OK?” I caught her. “Thank you, Rink. I’m OK now. ” I could smell something burning. “What is that smell?” I could see a fire. Suddenly, I had flash back.
[ I saw a boy and a fire…and the boy said something to me. “Only you can save Shelly. Do it. Trust me!!”] I was back. I understood everything in my dream. I held Shelly’s hand and ran as fast as I could toward the entrance. We could get out, but we were exhausted. She was crying, but soon she said “Thank you for saving me, Rink.”
I bumped into someone again. “I’m sorry.” He apologized. I was surprised. I know his face. It was the boy in my dream. He said “Thank you for saving Shelly. I’m the boy you saw in your dream. I am Jeford.”
The end

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home